There are many issues you can run across when working with wysiwyg editors or fck editors. Their formatting can be off, copying and pasting doesn’t work well, and adding bullet points can be frustrating. This tutorial is ment to help you with some of these issues.
Whenever I get a new document in word and I need to update my website using a wysiwyg or fck editor I will follow these steps.
- Open up these applications: Word (with your text in it), Notepad (it’s in all programs> accessories folder if you are a windows user), and your websites edit.
- Copy the text one paragraph at a time into notepad. Once inside notepad highlight all the content and copy it again.
- Then open up your editor and click the copy and paste from text icon. This should open up a small window.
- Click crtl+V to paste the text into that window and click ok.
Once the text is inside your editor you can start manipulating it with links, italic, bold, ect…. This is important because the editor will work a lot better if you follow these steps rather than copying and pasting directly from word. The reason is word will bring along some extra code messing with the editor and it’s formatting.
If you need to copy over bullet points from a word document follow these steps:
- Follow the steps above first and then in the editor click the bullet points one at a time.
- After each bullet point copy the text from the word document and paste it into the copy and paste from text icon (read above).
- Repeat the steps for each of the bullet points to make sure the formatting is done correctly.
I hope this has helped you with some of your wysiwyg and fck editor formatting issues. Please feel free to contact WebBizIdeas.com with any of your questions.