My goal was to generate preliminary site map of corporate website architecture. Our client previously filled out our website discovery form and uploaded a number of files (documents and images).
I sourced the information submitted and was looking for the following:
- Value Proposition – why is this company unique? What do they do better than their competitors?
- Objectives – what is the primary goal of this website? Do you have any supporting objective?
- Who – is this website going to be viewed by? What users are going to visit this website?
- What – content are your users going to want to see on the website? What decision do you want each user to make?
After sourcing the information I began to draft a site map that would serve as a “jumping off point” in our next meeting.
The homepage has 3-5 seconds to engage the audience by stating a clear value proposition pulls the reader into the next page.
- Site Map
Calls to Action
- News Letter Sign Up
- Request for Proposal
- Company Profile
- Case Studies
- White Papers
Services (B2B Sales Solutions)
- Lead Generation
- Sales Consulting
- Sales Training
- Blog – Helps casually distribute content to users, develop a following and provides fresh new content important for search engine rankings.
- Future Modules – make sure framework supports the addition of key website components that align with business goals.